It is the extremely initial stage when you are in the third week of your pregnancy, sometimes you may have no idea that you are really pregnant. You have conceived a few days ago and your first period will miss due to the completion of one month as the egg is fertilized in 3 weeks. As you get to know that you are pregnant, you need to test or track your pregnancy week by week.
Symptoms in 3 Week Pregnancy
As you try to conceive, you will notice the pregnancy symptoms week by week changing. You will get to see such changes that are-
• Nausea – As the hormones of pregnancy start to release and way by your newly pregnant body, you may observe some feelings of morning sickness like vomit. Morning sickness makes you feel ill all day. If you are noticing this symptom of pregnancy at the 3rd week, you should visit the doctor to get the confirmation that you are pregnant.
• Missing period – If your periods are missed by 28 days then it could be a possibility that you are pregnant. There is only way to know this surely by taking a pregnancy test.
• Implantation bleeding – If your little one gets prepared to be an embryo, you may notice a red or pink discharge that indicates the implantation of zygote.
• Change in breast – As your body starts to prepare milk, you will see some changes in your breasts like it gets sore and your nipples appear to be slightly dark.
• Frequent urination – It is due to the hormonal fluctuations that might want to pee again and again.
• Fatigue – Due to the release of the pregnancy hormones, you might feel tired.
• Vaginal discharge – You might experience an enhanced vaginal discharge which keeps the bacterial infections at bay.
Do you feel the metallic taste?
It is due to the hormonal changes in the body that you might have a metallic taste in your mouth. This will automatically go away as soon as you enter in your second trimester. To overcome this taste, you can consider taking citrus juices or go for a sour candy.
How Big is a Baby at 3 Weeks? – 3 Weeks Pregnant Baby Development
When you are in the third week of pregnancy, the little marula is called your growing baby. It is a ball of cells that is multiplying constantly. After the fertilization happens, the marula starts dividing into two cells, then four, then eight and so on as it proceeds from the Fallopian tubes to the uterus. As the marula moves, it becomes a blastocyst. At the end of week implication occurs, means the blastocyst is connected to the line of uterus.
Outer layer of the uterus forms the placenta which supplies nutrients and oxygen to the embryo. The inner portion gets converted into amniotic sac which is filled with liquid to provide cushioning to the embryo. The hormones progesterone and testosterone are secreted in more quantity at this stage.
Can confirmation be done at 3rd week of pregnancy?
What are the very early signs of pregnancy 3 week? How do you get confirmation that you are now 3 weeks pregnant? Here is the answer for these questions that will occur in your mind at 3 weeks of pregnancy. When you conceive the HCG hormone is released but it is secreted in low quantity at the initial stage and hence the home test kits might not be able to give the confirmation. You can test after one more week to know whether you are pregnant or not. However, if you are curious, you can go for the very sensitive kits that can test the presence of HCG even if it is low. If the test comes positive, it’s good news for you but if it comes negative, there is no need to worry. You can take up the test next week and get the positive results.
Precautions you need to take during the 3rd week of pregnancy:
• Smoking – if you have a habit of smoking from a long time, it is the time to drop it. Smoking is injurious to health and can be a risk to the embryo. It can be responsible for reducing immunity, infections, lowers birth rate and can cause other problems in the development of baby.
• Caffeine and alcohol intake – same like smoking, consumption of caffeine and alcohol is also prohibited during pregnancy. You should not take alcohol during your pregnancy because it slows down the growth of fetus and is also related to the learning disabilities of the baby. Consumption of caffeine is also connected to the premature birth and a risk of increasing birth defects.
• Medications and herbs – if you are using certain medications or herbs for the treatment of particular health disease which you are suffering from then you may need to look for some healthy option to those diseases. So, it is necessary to consult your doctor about your pregnancy so that your doctor can prescribe you alternative medicines that are safe for you and your baby. You have to avoid some treatment options like x- rays because they prove to be harmful for the development of fetus.
Food you need to eat in 3rd week pregnancy
In 3rd week, you have to eat healthy and nutritious diet that prepares your body to give birth to a healthy baby. So, you have to eat the food that helps to boost your fertility.
• Whole milk – dairy products are very healthy especially when you are trying to conceive. Whole milk is full of calcium which is great for your bone and reproductive health. You can consume it in any way like whole milk or even ice-cream that helps to reduce the risk of ovulatory fertility problems. You can also find fertility-friendly calcium in tofu, leafy greens and fortified juices.
• Fruits – make sure that you eat the fresh fruits to get the essential vitamins.
• Whole grains – whole grains and sprouts are rich in complex carbohydrates and proteins that provide strength to your body. They are rich in fibers a well and hence your digestion remains healthy.
If you have come positive, then it is better to consult a gynecologist for better understanding of what to do and what not to for a healthy pregnancy.
Continue reading about 4th Week of Pregnancy.