What’s going on in 6th Week of Pregnancy?
Six week pregnancy for women means incredible changes in their body. During pregnancy week by week your body feels small changes. Six week pregnancy is the time when your baby takes C shape and his legs and arms become visible. In the sixth week, the facial features of baby start forming like lips, cheeks, eyes and nose. There is a tube connected with spine and mind starts closing slowly. That tube is known as Neural tube. Tissue starts developing in the form of heart and blood starts to circulate in the baby’s body. In the sixth week the size of baby is similar to sweet small pea. 1 to 8 weeks of period is also known as embryonic period and the baby is called as an embryo. The size of the six week embryo is approx .25 and it gets twice in next week.
Symptoms in sixth week of pregnancy
During sixth month pregnancy a women’s body feels so many changes like morning sickness, nausea and anytime vomiting. You will also feel that there are some foods you are not interested to eat and you start craving for other things. You will feel pregnancy symptoms week by week like abdominal bloating, fatigue, breast tenderness, night time urination and changes in emotion. Few common symptoms are discussed below in detail:-
• Nausea: – In six week pregnancy, Nausea could be an all day problem with you. You should have to eat good food which can help your stomach instead of eating snacks all day. Women who have twins feel severe nausea as compared to other pregnant women.
• Sore breasts:- Your breast could be sore because body starts preparing the breast for breastfeeding the baby from the sixth week of pregnancy.
• Urination issue: – If you can notice that you are going so many times for pee in a day, it happens because of pregnancy hormones. It happens due to excessive blood flow to pelvic. Going bathroom often to pee is normal during pregnancy but if you are facing painful urination then you must have to consult with your doctor.
• Spotting and cramping:- During 6 weeks pregnancy spotting and cramping is a normal problem. If you feel a severe abdominal pain which is painful than normal period cramp or you face heavy bleeding then you should consult the doctor.
• Mood swings:- These problems occurs due hormonal changes in the body, and it could be possible due to fatigue and changes in blood sugar level. Extra bed rest and healthy food can keep you safe from mood swings.
Hormonal changes in the sixth week pregnancy
There are some hormonal changes that also occur during sixth week pregnancy. You could face anxiety issue because of the change that starts in your life. You can feel tiredness and stress also due to hormonal changes in your body. There will be also some metabolic changes during the pregnancy. Metabolic changes are the changes in lipid metabolism and carbohydrate. These metabolic changes ensure that growing fetus is getting continuous supply of nutrients.
What things you should do during six week pregnancy?
In sixth week of pregnancy, you should have to your first prenatal visit. Prenatal visit is a medical term which includes physical exams and blood test. Doctors ask to you about your lifestyle and issues you are facing. These conversations are held to guide you for healthy pregnancy. During six weeks pregnancy you will have to go through with some medical checkups and these are mentioned below:-
• Breast exams
• Gynecologic exam
• Sexually transmitted infection test which includes HIV, gonorrhea and Chlamydia
• Urine testing for diagnosing glucose level.
• Blood test includes Rh factor, genetic disease examination, immunity test and blood type
Role of folic acid in six week pregnancy
It has been found in several scientific studies that consumption of folic acid during six week pregnancy decreases the risk of defects in neural tube. Defect in neural tube can cause problem of spina bifida. Spina bifida is the defect in spine by which a person could get paralysis in lower limbs. The study says that consumption of 400 mcg is recommended in six week pregnancy. Grain based food, fortified serial, green vegetable etc. should be taken for maintaining folic acid in the body. You can also take multivitamin which has folic acid and it is also recommended by doctors during pregnancy.
Changes you need to do in your life style during six week pregnancy
You must have to avoid few things during pregnancy period and these things should also be avoided if you are breastfeeding your child. The things you have to avoid are mentioned below:-
• Avoid drugs, alcohol and tobacco.
• You can take caffeine maximum 200 milligram in a day. 200 mg would be two cups of coffee in a day.
• Discuss all the health issues and medications with your doctor to check that baby and mother is safe and healthy.
• Eat healthy diet and prenatal vitamins.
• Avoid unpasteurized dairy products and untreated water.
• Wash every fruit before eating; it reduces the bacterial infection and effect of pesticide on fruits.
When you should visit the doctor?
If you feel any complication you must contact your doctor. You can go to see a doctor if you have noticed any following symptoms:-
• Spotting or vaginal bleeding problem
• If you feel dizzy or are getting faint
• Sharp pain problem and pelvic cramping
• Continuous vomiting, nausea and dehydration
You should take immediate medical consultation if you are noticing following symptoms:-
• Vaginal blood and tissue leaking
• Fainting problem and half consciousness problem
• Severe pelvic pain
• Continuous vaginal bleeding
What is the six weeks pregnancy in terms of months?
If we count generally, then six weeks means one month and two weeks so six weeks pregnancy means, you found that you are pregnant for one month and two weeks. Pregnancy is measured from the first day you missed your period. Women conceive in 2 to 3 weeks but it is difficult to discover until you don’t miss period for 5 weeks.