When you find yourself to be pregnant, you understand that you have to do some changes in your eating habits. Indeed, you can’t eat anything or everything as you did previously. Your body will experience a number of changes during pregnancy and you should be very careful about the type of food you eat. During the nine months of pregnancy, you will get a lot of guidance from companions and family members about the sort of food you ought to eat during pregnancy, and it can leave you all befuddled. In case you love eating fruits, particularly mangoes, you will be a little bit confused whether you can eat it or not during pregnancy. The similar type of confusion will occur with other fruits as well. However, today we will discuss only about mangoes! Continue reading this article to see if you can eat mangoes during pregnancy or not!
Is It Safe to Eat Mangoes During Pregnancy?
Eating mangoes during pregnancy has its own advantages, but the quantity of mangoes you eat should be monitored properly so you don’t eat a lot.
It is required that your kitchen utensils are cleaned completely to help prevent the spread of bacteria. Prior to eating mango, make sure to clean the mangoes by placing them under a running tap of water and rub them gently with your hands to evacuate the bacteria. Next, you need to dry the mangoes with a perfect tissue or paper towel to expel any extra microbes.
Read More: Early signs of Pregnancy
In addition to the fact that mangoes are safe to eat while you’re pregnant, yet they contain a large group of supplements that are valuable to you. One cup of mango is high in folate, which is a key pre-natal nutrient. Folate is essential during pregnancy and may help decrease a women’s risk of having a kid with a mind or spinal cord defect. Being plentiful in Vitamins A, B6 and C, mangoes give the fundamental supplements that a lady needs during pregnancy. Mangoes are additionally rich in potassium and iron.
Major Health benefits of Mangoes during pregnancy: –
- Help in absorption of Iron: Mangoes are a great source of Vitamin C which helps in the absorption of Iron in the body.
- Rich in Folic Acid: Mangoes are rich in folic acid which is essential for the growth of the fetal brain and spinal cord.
- Manages Digestive Health: Mangoes help in digestion and prevent constipation that many women experience during first trimester.
- Rich in Vitamin C: Vitamin C in mango acts as a strong antioxidant that helps develop resistance against free radicals, which may disturb fetal development and even cause cancers. vitamin C can also lower the danger of premature birth.
- Good source of Vitamin A: Mangoes are rich in Vitamin A which is needed for the development of fetal teeth and bones. Vitamin A is also required for the fetal eye and immune system development.
- Good source of Vitamin B6: Mangoes are a good source of Vitamin B6 which is required for the development of fetal brain and nervous system.
- Stop morning sickness: The yummy taste of mangoes helps prevent nausea. vitamin B6 in Mangoes also plays a key role in relieving you from morning sickness.
- Maintain body fluid: Mangoes contain electrolytes like potassium, calcium, magnesium, and sodium that help in maintaining the fluid balance of the body. Electrolytes make sure that your nerves, heart, brain and therefore the muscles work as they ought to.
Are There Any Side Effects of Mango During Pregnancy?
While eating normally ripened mangoes doesn’t have any significant reactions or side effects, but unnatural ripened mangoes may contain contents of calcium carbide, which can harm both mother and the child. Here are a couple of symptoms of eating artificially ripened mangoes.
Looseness of the bowels: Overeating of mangoes during pregnancy can cause diarrhea which can lead to dehydration. So, you need to check on the quantity of mangoes you are eating during pregnancy.
Shivering sensation in hands and feet
Moms-to-be hear constantly what they ought to and shouldn’t eat. There are a lot of foods to stay away from, while you’re pregnant. Sometimes, you may ask yourself, “Is mango safe during pregnancy?” or Can mangoes cause miscarriage? According to the FDA, mangoes are safe to eat during pregnancy. But, at the same time you must consult your doctor about the type of food and fruits you are going to eat during pregnancy.